Monday, March 14, 2011

What's wrong with this picture?


You're absolutely right!!!!

The three and a half year old is wearing a diaper and the one and a half year old is sitting on the potty. Talk about SO frustrating.

I need help. I cannot figure out how to get Ben to pee in the potty. He's peed in it a few times in the past, but doesn't really want to have anything to do with it.

This is the problem. He can hold his pee in if he's in underwear, and he will all day long. But when it comes to actually going, he can't figure out how to make his pee comes out. "It's too tricky, Mom." "It's stuck." He really doesn't know how to get it out.

What in the world do I do???

Help.

Please.

P.S. Brooklyn doesn't know how to go potty yet either, but she sure was excited to just sit on it for a while.

4 comments:

Laura said...

Have I ever told you about The Village? It's a blog for moms that I am on the panel for. We have done several posts on potty training. Go to villageformoms.blogspot.com, and click on "Toddlers and Up" in the labels section of the right sidebar. You'll have to scroll through a bunch, but there are at least four or five different posts. Be sure to check the comments!

Janalee said...

If there is anything I learned about potty training with Brynlee, it was to lay off for a while. She eventually did it mostly all on her own, without any help or coaxing from me. I had tried months before all of this and she wanted nothing to do with it. Waiting till it is their choice tends to be my testimony. not yours.

Amanda Joy Petersen said...

Asher had a hard time peeing as well, so we just focused on the other one for a while. Something else is we had him in a warm shower and taught him to start peeing in there. Everything just fell into place right after Asher's 3rd birthday, when we had little prizes and lots of praise. It will happen soon... he won't go to school in a diaper. Good luck!

Lindy said...

I don't have a lot of advice to give in this area because just as I was getting ready to potty train Cody we tore our bathroom apart, so it has gotten post poned. But... i did read a book called Toilet Training in less than a day by nathan azrin. It really makes sense that it would work. As soon as we get our bathroom put back together I am going to try it out.
My sister in law potty trained 3 children in less than a day and a girl I work with did it also. So its worked for a lot of people I know. I think I bought the book off amazon for like 5 bucks and its seriously from the 80's. I'll let you know how it goes when I finally do it.